Saturdays are for baking !!!
I love banana bread so much, so whenever I have overripe bananas sitting on my countertop, I make banana bread!
This recipe is vegan as well !!!!
1 3/4 cups of wholewheat flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/3 cup of maple syrup (honey if not vegan)
1/2 cup of almond milk (normal milk if not vegan)
1/4 cup of olive oil
2 teaspoons of ground flaxseed (2 eggs if not vegan)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
2 overripe bananas (choose those with brown spots)
Raisins (or chocolate chips) for extra toppings
1. Preheat oven to 165oC and grease baking pan.
2. Sieve flour and mix with baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a big bowl
3. In a small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of flaxseed and 4 tablespoon of water and set aside.
4. Get a separate bowl and mix milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract and olive oil. Add flaxseed mix.
5. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together in the big bowl.
6. Smush the bananas and add to the bowl and mix the ingredients together again.
7. Add raisins or chocolate chips and mix them together again with a spatula.
8. Pour in the greased pan and place in the oven for 45 mins or until a toothpick stuck in the bread comes out clean.